Sunday, August 21, 2011

Simple Bentos

cluck cluck bentostars & stripes bento
Yoda goes to Cub Scout campChemo Duck ELBSassy pasta salad
I love www.anotherlunch.com.  I get a lot of inspiration from their simple, but fun bento-style lunches.  I like that they are quick & easy to do, but are special creations in their own right.  With a few simple items like veggie punches, cookie cutter & stamps (Yoda is from a Williams Sonoma cookie stamp) you can create a healthy eye-catching lunch for your child.  Stop by www.anotherlunch.com for some inspiration!
Today we have nothing on the agenda, just lounging around and enjoying the last day of summer break.  I have bread dough rising to make cinnamon-sugar pull apart bread, and plan to get in the kitchen to chop up cukes, carrots, and cheese with my veggie & cookie cutters.  I'll stick 'em into ziplocs so they're ready to just grab and throw into lunches this week.  You'd be surprised by how much time just one hour of prep work in the kitchen can save you when you're packing bentos!  I hope you have a happy, lazy Sunday with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment