Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Be Present

Honestly, this is a concept that I struggle with every single day.  It's usually my New Year's resolution too.  I find that I get so caught up in the day-to-day task of keeping a busy family of five running smoothly (yeah, right!), that I forget to look around and really pay attention to what is going on.  Sometimes it seems that these kiddos are constantly chitty-chattering in the back seat, and I just nod and give some sort of non-commital response.  Many times, I don't even hear what they say.  I'm busy thinking of where I have to go next, what still needs to be done, what I need to pick up at the store.  I'm constantly making lists in my head.  Little "To Do's".  I really have to keep check on the amount of times I say "not right now" or "in a few minutes."  I struggle all.the.time just treading water to keep my head afloat that I'm not enjoying the swim.  Know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment