Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Someone Please Stop Me

Oh my goodness.  I am gonna take a big ol' walk out a big ol' limb here and admit that I am actually enjoying the fact that my little 6 year old is sick.  Now before you get out the tar & feathers let me just explain that we're not talking REALLY sick, just a little stomach virus.  All the vomiting is gone, now it's just a little stomach cramping and feeling punk in general.  But he's been home with me (alone) for the last two days and we've been spending ALL KINDS of quiet, sweet time together.  Something we don't get to do a whole lot of now that he's a great big ol' first grader.  But when he's sick, only Mommy can take care of him.  Only Mommy can make him feel better.  (yep, this is me with a big cheshire grin on my face)
Oh, and did I mention that he is now totally into the Boy Scouts?  So not only does he spend all day at school learning stuff (!), but several evenings a month are devoted to Boy Scout meetings.  Seriously, he wants nothing to do with me now that Daddy takes him to Scouts.  Totally not fair.  There's not a whole lotta time for cuddling with Mommy when there are badges to be earned and sticks to be widdled.  Suddenly running errands with Mommy cannot hold a candle to diggin' in the dirt with Daddy.  Whatever.
You see, Zach is my baby.  I lost the teenager years ago to loud music, skateboards and girls.  My middle child is totally into football and hangin' with Dad.  Moms can throw a football around too, but apparently that's just not the same.  Which leaves me with Zachy B.  Or at least it did until those pesky Boy Scouts snatched him away.  I'm sure it's only a matter of time before entire weekends are devoted to camping out with Daddy (uh...yeah, I don't camp).
So I guess I'll just have to wait around, bide my time until somebody catches the cooties and comes running to Mommy.  Perhaps it's time to hide the hand sanitizer, forget to remind them to wash their hands and hope for a (little) bug to come along.  I don't want them to get anything too nasty, maybe just enough of a cold to keep 'em home from school so they've gotta spend all day letting Mommy take care of 'em.  I'll just stand by, thermometer at the ready.  That's not TOTALLY, insanely selfish, right?!  Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment