Saturday, September 24, 2011

Playdough-Filled Balloons

I don't know about you, but dinner time is the witching hour at our house.  If the wheels are going to come off at anytime during the day, it will be while I'm trying to get dinner on the table.  I came across this beauty of an idea earlier in the week and it struck me as a great way to short-circuit that dreaded witching hour before it even starts.  Jessie over at Play Create Explore has this great craft on her website using items you likely already have around the house.  All you need is playdough, balloons and Sharpies. You really don't even HAVE to use the Sharpie, you could just leave 'em blank but I know my kids will want to "personalize" theirs. Here's all you do:
  1. Roll your playdough out in a snake shape.
  2. Have your "helper" stretch out the balloon opening as far as it will go, while you stuff the playdough in.
  3. Make sure to squeeze out all the air bubbles.
  4. Tie off your balloon.
  5. Personalize with Sharpies.

No comments:

Post a Comment