Friday, September 16, 2011

Forget Guacamole - It Must Be National Pitch A Fit Day

photo credit
Holy crap (hey, don't judge me - you'd say crap too, if you had a morning like mine!).  My husband has been out of town, so of course this would happen on my watch.  Yes, there it is - watch.  That's what started it all.  Things were cruisin' along just fine until Zachary (the stubborn 6 year old) realized that he could not find his beloved John Cena watch.  Nevermind that he was already sportin' a John Cena t-shirt, John Cena wristbands, and John Cena headband (don't judge!).  As soon as he realized it was missing, cue the screaming, crying and massive nuclear meltdown.  5 minutes before school starts.  Ugh.  After a rather heated discussion about how you cannot skip school because you don't have your favorite watch, I forced him into the car.  He then refused to get out on the curb of the drop off lane.  Oh joy.  So I get to park, and attempt to calm him down (which is not gonna happen at this point).  All the while I'm listening to the lady at the top of the stairs screaming "hurry, hurry - you're gonna be late!"  Sure, lady, no pressure.  Yes, he was in class on time.  Yes, he was still crying.  Yes, I explained it all to his teacher, amidst his classmates asking me "What's wrong with Zach?"  Yes, it's gonna be a long day.  This parenting stuff is NOT FOR WIMPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment