Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm Above It All - Oops, No I'm Not!

Did you get sucked into the whole Casey Anthony murder trial?  I SWORE I wouldn't.  I was certainly not going to participate in the circus that went with that trial.  I was WAAAAY too busy for all that.  And then I "accidentally" caught a few minutes of it while channel surfing.  Woops - that's all it took!  I was in.  Totally and completely.  I spent every day watching testimony, nodding my head along to all the analyst comments, glued to my set.  I was in the grocery store when my husband (who was aware of my addiction) called me to tell me they were 20 minutes away from reading the verdict.  Lemme tell ya - I freakin' shopped sooooo fast, and sped home just in time to be devastated by the verdict.  I'm just now gettin' over it.
So when my Mom asked me this morning if I was going to watch the Dr. Conrad Murray trial, I was almost indignant.  Heck, no.  I will NOT be watching that.  I will absolutely NOT participate in that - not doing it.  No way.  No how.  I'm ashamed to admit that I actually looked thru my DirecTV guide after I hung up and searched for In Session.  (Maybe just a tiny peek would be OK).  Totally relieved to find out that I don't get that channel anymore - I recently downgraded our account, and that channel went ba-bye.  Yay!  Issue solved.  Can't watch it, even if I wanted to.
So I turned on CNN.  See, I like to be "up" on current events.  I'm a good American.  I wanna know what's going on around the country.....well, apparently the ONLY thing going on in the world TODAY is (you guessed it) the Dr. Conrad Murray trial.  Frick!  Apparently they've decided to do wall-to-wall coverage all stinkin' day.  Seriously, they're playing audio tape of a ridiculously drugged up Michael Jackson muttering all manner of weirdness.  Did any of you hear that gigantic "wooshing" sound around 12:30 today?  Yeah, that was me being sucked in to the trial!  :(
Totally different subject, but I will not be updating the blog tomorrow morning.  Maybe not all day. I have an appointment to get an EGD scope done in the morning to find out why my reflux is so bad.  They're gonna put me to sleep and snake a little camera down my mouth and look at my throat and stomach.  Sounds like fun, right?  Here's hopin' they don't use Propofol!

No comments:

Post a Comment