Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How To Freeze Soup

If you're like me, when I make homemade chicken noodle soup I make a HUGE batch.  Even after several meals of it, we still have leftovers and inevitable end up tossing it at the end of the week (what a waste!).  I stumbled up The Mommy In Charge website and she's got a recipe for chicken noodle soup that toddlers will like (not too many spices).  What really caught my eye, though, was the fact that she FROZE the soup in a muffin tin, then popped em into ziploc bags and returned to the freezer.  Whenever anyone wanted fresh soup, you just grab a few "tins", thrown 'em in a bowl and microwave.  Voila!  Fresh homemade chicken noodle soup whenever you want it!  Sheer brilliance, and I'm feeling pretty dang stupid for not coming up with this myself.  Thanks The Mommy In Charge!  I will definitely be doing this next time I make soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment