Thursday, October 27, 2011

This Is Our Dinner Tonite

Today, AJ (my middle child) enters double digits - he's 10 year old!  Crazy, how quickly time flies.  When they're tiny little babies everyone tells you that you're gonna blink and they'll be graduating from college.  Um....yeah - it's true.  He's got football practice tonite, so LAST night I made his favorite dinner - spaghetti and mozzarella-stuffed meatballs (YUM!).  But I'd still like to do something fun for the little big guy.  So we're having a Jack-o-Lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's.  Best of all - it's just $6.  ;)
Plus, this will go nicely with the cupcakes I just finished frosting for him.  Aren't they cute!  Just so you know I'm still fabulously frugal - I got the cupcake tins/carriers after Christmas last year for $0.50, and the cake mix & frosting is a spring set that I got for $0.25/ea. at Target after Easter.  To mask the "spring-ness" I jazzed 'em up with Halloween liners, sprinkles and chocolate eyeballs.  All told, a batch of 18 cost me less than $6 - and mine taste WAY better than the grocery store 'cuz I have a secret ingredient (LOVE!).
P1050036.JPG
Here's hopin' his birthday is so much fun it's SCARY (see what I just did there?!).  And let's hope the Rangers give him a nice little birthday present of a World Series win!  Go Rangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment