Friday, August 5, 2011

Grocery iQ app

This one is for Christine!  Christine (one of my earliest readers!) emailed me last week to ask if I knew of a coupon website that would allow her to basically cross reference her grocery list with any available coupons.  I was not aware of any, and (being the smartypants that I am) told her that was a great idea and that she should "get right on that!"  Well, apparently there ARE no new ideas, and someone has already gotten on that.  :)
There is an app called Grocery iQ which has the following features:

  •  Build a list from a database of millions of items. 
  • Auto Suggest - start typing and Grocery iQ will suggest grocery items you can quickly select.
  • Scan a barcode at the store and build your list from scanned barcodes of items you typically buy.  You can then send this list to your husband and he can see a photo of what he should buy - no more bringing home the wrong item!
  • Share your list with others via email.  Send it to your hubby and ask him to pick up the items on his way home.  :)
  • Sort your list by aisle, so you can quickly navigate the store.
  • Multiple stores and lists.
  • Integrate coupons into your list.   
I have not been able to test this app myself, as I don't have an iPhone or Android device (I know it's sad, right?).  But from the research I've done on their website it looks pretty interesting.  It would probably be a pain at the onset as you scan barcodes or type in your initial list.  But ultimately this could end up being really useful.  If you're an iPhone or Android user and check this app out, please let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment