Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sometimes You Just Gotta Bribe 'Em

I admit it - sometimes I'm a bad mommy.  There.  I said it.  My two youngest are playing a video game and being REALLY loud, making car noises and arguing.  They're just excited about a new game, but it's driving me crazy.  Then, suddenly a thought occurs to me.  I have a fresh new bag of Tootsie Pop suckers on top of the fridge.  Completely undiscovered.  I figure it's kinda hard to scream if you have a sucker in your mouth, so I gave one to each kiddo.  Guess what?!  No more noise.

Their pops have been gone for a while, but still no noise.  Whatever that pop did - it broke the cycle (thank God!).  I'm sure I'll feel bad later and give them an apple or something else healthy, but right now I'm just too busy enjoying the sweet, sweet silence.  Sometimes it's good to be bad.

1 comment: