Thursday, July 28, 2011

Coupons For Prescriptions

Yes, you read right - there is such a thing as coupons for prescription drugs.  Before you fill your next prescription, it is definitely worth your time to check on the drug manufacturer's website to see if they have coupons available.  I was nearly giddy when I found a $25 coupon for my migraine medicine on the Axert website.  On a whim I typed www.axert.com on my computer and was thrilled to see an Instant Savings link right there on their home page.  I can use this coupon up to 6 times a year.  Since I typically fill this particular prescription every 4-6 weeks, that's a savings of $150/year.  Now my cost is $25 cheaper than the usual $60/month.
At this point I started feeling just plain cocky, so I looked up my son's nasal allergy medication.  Low and behold, they have a coupon for $25 off also.  Same deal - I can use it 6 times a year.  What a deal.  And in case you are wondering, the coupon comes off my co-pay price!  I have done this many, many times and never had an issue with the pharmacy.  They know just what to do, and it didn't take any more time for them to fill the prescription.  Look up your prescriptions - you might be pleasantly surprised to see you could be saving money every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment