Sunday, July 17, 2011

House Party....Yeah! Yeah!

Thanks to House Party and Ball, I was able to see just how easy (and addictive) home canning can be!  I was selected to be a host and House Party sent me a huge box filled with all sorts of goodies for me and everyone at the party.  We had coupons, a canning starting kit, recipe books, funnels, pectin and all sorts of other stuff.  Did I mention it was all free?!  What fun we had doing our first canning experiment - jam.  Then on to pickles, apple butter, and salsa.  I'm hooked!  Cannot wait to try the pickles out - waiting 6 weeks is TORTURE!  The jam is amazing, though.  If you have not signed up for www.houseparty.com yet, I highly recommend it.  And if you've ever thought about canning...do it.  You will love it, and it is a great family tradition to start.





No comments:

Post a Comment