Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'm Experimenting Again


Guess who's dehydrating her own fruits and makin' her own fruit leather!  I was going thru the grocery circulars this morning and saw that Aldi's has a fruit dehydrator for $19.99 this week.  I've been toying around with the idea of making my own beef jerky for a while now (my kids love it, but it's so expensive), so I thought "why not!"  This is typically how things go in my household.  I see something on a whim, and then 5 minutes later I have my car keys in hand telling my husband I'll be back in a few.  (poor Tim)
And so my adventure begins.....I've got banana chips, apple slices, bing cherries, blueberries, strawberry fruit leather and (get this) chocolate banana leather going.



Plainly, I did not think this thru before I just jumped in.  Most of this stuff won't be finished until way past my bedtime tonite.  So I should have just waited until tomorrow, and get it going early in the morning - but that's just not how I roll.  I'll let you know how it all turns out.  Next up - beef jerky!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment