Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Watermelon Cookies

Here's another one of those moments where you slap yourself on the forehead and say "Why didn't I think of that?!"  Seriously, ALL the years I've been eating watermelon - it's a staple in our home all summer long - and I've never thought to serve it like this.  How cute for a kid's party?  Or just a family get-together when lots of kiddo-cousins are involved.  Just slice up your watermelon in big round circles, then get out the ol' cookie cutters and cut into fun little shapes.  I have a sneakin' suspicion there will be no shortage of "helpers" when Zach and AJ see what I'm doing.  This brainchild is from Beneath The Rowan Tree blog, and there are also some smart ideas in the comments section - like add a popsicle stick and freeze 'em for Watermelon-sicles.  Or dip 'em in yogurt, then freeze.  LOVE IT!  We WILL be doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment