Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's The Most Hectic Time Of The Year

 
Is your Christmas shopping done yet?  I am NEARLY there....but not quite.  So I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to finish EVERYTHING before Thursday, when school lets out for winter break.  YIKES!  Squeeze in holiday baking, extra holiday parties, planning Zach's classroom party, carting my kiddos to all THEIR extra holiday activities.....and well, you get the picture.  I'm sure it's much like your household!
Sorry I haven't been posting much over the last few days.  Unfortunately it will likely be more of the same over the next week or two.  I'll squeeze in when I can and post some things (when I can fight my boys for the computer, that is!).  I've found it hard to blog since Friday, when I sat riveted to the TV praying for the best outcome at Sandy Hook.  Tragically, we all know how that played out.  It's been difficult to shop and blog about great deals and coupons in the wake of such a horrific event.  Somehow it just doesn't seem right.  I've been trying to spend more time with my kids, just smellin' their hair, huggin' 'em and well, basically letting them get away with FAR too much.  When I picked them up from school on Friday Zach said "Mom, can we please, please, please go to McDonalds and get a french fry?!!?"  Little did he know at the time that he could have asked me for just about anything and scored.
Thank you so much for your support of Brenda Writes A Blog in 2012.  I'm looking forward to 2013.  My husband is on vacation for the rest of the year, so we're about to have all sorts of family time!  Here's hoping and praying that you and your family have a FANTASTIC holidays filled with family, friends, laughter and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment