Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bento Ideas

Well, folks, we're about halfway through the school year and my latest lunchbox offerings have been a little.....ahem.....uninspired (to say the least).  It's getting really tedious packing the same 3 lunches every night, so this morning I went looking for inspiration.  I found it at Keeley McGuire's blog "Lunch Made Easy" (sounds good to me!).  What I love about Bento lunches are the creativity, the use of lots of fresh fruits & veggies, and the presentation.  I am NOT a fan of the japanese, over-the-top "let me take 2 hours and make an amazing bento" meals.  I could NEVER pull something like that off, even if I wanted to.  (which I don't).  What I DO want to do is put just a LITTLE bit of "zip" into the standard lunchbox fare.  I don't want to do anything too fancy, but I want my kids to know that I took just a little extra time to make it special, and maybe, just maybe when they're eating lunch they'll remember that their Mom loves 'em.  I've included just a few of Keeley's ideas to entice you!  I hope you (and I) are inspired to make it count.  :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda!
    I found your blog by checking my link backs ~ I'm so glad I did too :)
    Thank you SO much for your kind comments and linking up my lunches.
    Looking forward to following and reading your other posts!

    ReplyDelete