Thursday, October 18, 2012

This Is My Life

OK, so I got this week's Newsletter from Zachary's teacher (who is WONDERFUL, by the way). How great is it that every week I get a newsletter telling me what is going on in the class, what we should practice at home, complete with pictures (which I LOVE).  Anyway....They are practicing quotation marks this week - so they practiced writing a sentence with quotes on their white boards. The newsletter was filled with pictures of kids who'd written sentences like "I like to pray", said Adrian. and "I love my sister", said Heather. 

And then there was Zach's. He wrote "I like Minecraft", said Steve. Ya gotta love that kid! :)

For those of you who are unfamiliar, Minecraft is an online building game - you use blocks to create entire worlds, room, animals.  It's very creative, and AJ and Zachary are absolutely OBSESSED with it.  When they are not PLAYING Minecraft, they are watching Minecraft videos on YouTube.  Or they are making Minecraft Papercrafts.  Zach has an entire Minecraft Papercraft world.  I don't even want to KNOW how much money I've spent on ink cartridges funding his Minecraft Papercraft habit.  He is currently working on a Steve Halloween costume.  He wants ZERO help.  This is HIS project.  FYI...he meticulously handcrafted a Steve Mask that encompasses your whole head.  It's basically five sheets of paper that he taped together as a "hat" if you will.  He drew the pixels on it for Steve's face, and was really proud of it.  Apparently Toby (the cat) was similarly impressed - as he has taken to sitting on (and IN) it and has claimed it as his own.  It's now flat as a pancake.  So back to square one for the mask.  I will let you know if the Halloween costume ever gets completed!
What USED TO BE a Steve mask before the cat got a hold of it.

This is Steve, with his Pick Axe!

No comments:

Post a Comment