Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Aldi's Bargains

As many of you know, Aldi's is my go-to store for all my staples.  You simply cannot beat their prices on the basics.  But today I was THRILLED to see that they have marked down a BUNCH of good stuff.  I seriously stocked up.  I am assuming that not every single Aldi's marks stuff down at the same time - so your experience may be different than mine, but it is definitely worth checking out if you have an Aldi's nearby.  Here's a summary of just a few of the bargains I found:
  • Milk - $2.39 a gallon (I challenge you to find a better price at any other grocery store)
  • Halloween Tortilla Chips - $0.49/bag
  • Mama Cozi's Deep Dish Pizza - $1.99 (I've bought these before and it tastes just like UNO's frozen pizza from Target - delish!)
  • Box of 6 Bubba Burgers - $4.99 (I believe these are normally around $7)
  • Halloween Cake Mix - $0.49 (no one will know or care that the sprinkles in here are orange and black - they'll just be happy to have cupcakes!)
  • Brains Cupcake Mix - $1.99 (was $3.99 - I bought one before Halloween and they were a big hit and too-cute!)
  • Haunted Brownie Kit - $2.49
  • Pack of 4 Tomatoes On-The-Vine - $0.69 (WOW!)
  • Frozen Shoestring Fries - $0.99/bag (just like Ore-Ida's but waaaaay cheaper, even with a coupon!)
  • Halloween Sprinkle Kit - $0.49 (big container of 6 different types, just like the ones you see at Target for $4.99, but one-tenth of the cost!)
  • BAG of Honey Crisp Apples - $1.49 (I think there are about 10 in there!)
  • Halloween themed paper towel rolls - $0.39/ea (Do you think I will care that they have ghosts on 'em past Halloween?  Heck, no!)
  • Caesar Salad Kits - $0.49 (awesome price!)
  • Box of Linguine pasta - $0.49 (perfect for the next time I whip up some spaghetti!)
I got a HUGE amount of groceries.  Literally, my cart was overflowing.  And my final total was $97.08.  That includes 3 gallons of milk, a carton of eggs, lots of fresh fruit & veggies, chicken breasts, ground beef patties, bread, soup, salad dressing, and a ton of other things!  Seriously, if you have NOT checked out Aldi's yet - you are MISSING OUT!  :)
My 8 rolls of Halloween paper towels = $3.12 total!

Grand Total for all this Halloween loot = $5.95

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Aldi's and I also hate it.

    Their checkers are trained to be as fast as possible. Sounds nice, but it results in them throwing (not placing) items in your cart - damaging fruits, vegetables, chips, etc.

    I've also noticed over-charging - it's happened to me a couple of times and I've been there when other customers have noticed it. I don't think it's done on purpose, it's just that they want their employees to move so fast that mistakes happen.

    Prices are fantastic, but some products aren't good (Kirkwood glazed Chicken comes to mind; worst chicken I've ever had and all the "glaze" fell off).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I hate to say it but I'm beginning to fall out of love with Aldi's. I agree with all your statements, and the last several times I've been in there I've been really disappointed. My Aldi's has changed their layout, and I gotta say I don't like it. There is always a line, yep, they do throw my food around, and lots of times the shelves are a mess. It also seems that there are new employees there every time I go. I'm hoping they get their act together soon, or they're gonna lose my business.

    ReplyDelete