Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cake Pops Galore

Remember THIS post from Friday about the Cake Pop Kit being on sale at Walgreens for $5?  Well, I just wanted to let you know there are lots left.  How do I know this?  Because I sent my poor husband back over there yesterday to get a second one.  Why do I need TWO Cake Pop Kits?  It turns out that a cake mix is just enough batter to make 36 cake pops - so for $5 it's worth it to me to be able to cook both batches at once and finish quicker!  So THIS is how we spent a lazy Saturday afternoon - bustin' out the Cake Pop Kit(s) and searching the candy bowl for stuff that could substitute for a pig nose (cherry lifesaver), and digging out all the old sprinkles.
We ended up making Angry Birds cake pops, WWE wrestling cake pops, and simple chocolate & sprinkles cake pops.  They are TASTY!  And it was a mix of my two favorite activities - food and crafts!  How many cake pops do you suppose that big ol' white dog could eat?!?!!?



No comments:

Post a Comment