Thursday, April 12, 2012

Look What I Got In The Mail

No, that's not some freakish veggie platter I'm planning on serving to guests!  It's cuttings from all sorts of succulent plants.  Remember my post about the DIY Succulent Wreath?  I'm TOTALLY doing it!  See, I actually DO the stuff I'm blogging about.  Sometimes I fail miserably (note my ridiculous attempt at Cinnamon Bunny Bread), sometimes they turn out AWESOME.  It could pretty much go either way.  :)
So anyway....back to the wreath.  I started doing my homework and went to Calloway's to get some succulents.  I ended up planting 'em in pots in the backyard instead.  Long story short, I wound up on Etsy (have you heard of it?) and found THIS shop.  You will note that this wonderfully kind lady not only sells collections of succulent cuttings (which is what I bought), but also complete wreaths and wreath kits.  I was seriously tempted to just buy one of her wreaths, but 1) they are SERIOUSLY expensive and 2) I can freakin' DO THIS (for a lot less $).  Yesterday a big box arrived filled with all these cuttings.  Today I'm off to Michael's to find the rest of the supplies.  I'm thinkin'  on Saturday I'm gonna sit on the patio and make a few Succulent Wreaths!  Look at how gorgeous they are - if mine turn out even HALF as pretty I'll be a happy girl:
Succulent, Succulent living wreath in time for Mothers Day....13"15" Beautiful Succulent, succulent living wreath  for Mother's Day or.....

No comments:

Post a Comment