Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sweet Cherries Sale - $1.99/lb At Sprouts

I LOVE me some sweet cherries - I have many fond memories from childhood of sittin' down with a big ol' bowl of Bing Cherries and eating until I'm SICK and my fingers are stained purple.  I'm thrilled to see that Sprouts has Sweet Cherries on sale for $1.99/lb.  The cheapest I've seen so far this season is $3.99 - so I'll be swinging by and picking up a mess of 'em (my kids have inherited their Mom's addiction)!    Yes, you can just eat these babies straight out of the fridge.  OR, you could sample some of these yummy recipes:
Bing Cherry Lemonade
Bing Cherry Lemonade - OMG, YES, Please!
1 bottle good quality fruity white wine, like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc  1/4 cup orange liqueur  1 medium peaches, washed, pitted and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)  1 cup strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced  1 orange, thinly sliced  1 cup green grapes, halved  1 cup bing cherries, pitted and halved  Ice  fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)  simple syrup (see below; you’ll need water and sugar)
White Sangria - For when the kids go to bed!  :)
White Chocolate Cherries - 'cuz chocolate makes EVERYTHING taste better!

No comments:

Post a Comment