Saturday, June 9, 2012

It's International Yarn Bombing Day!!!

TODAY is the 2nd annual International Yarn Bombing Day.  You knew that, right?!  Of course you did.  In honor of this prestigious occasion, here is a re-posting of one of my favorite posts "Yarn Bombs:  When Good Knitters Go Bad."  Enjoy!
Of course, you COULD do your own tribute and take this Michael's 20% off coupon and score some new materials and yarn bomb your neighbors house (I vote for THAT)!.  I actually drove past a yarn bombed tree yesterday and it put a big grin on my face.  



With hilarious names like Knitta Please, and YarnCore ("Hardcore Chicks With Sharp Sticks"), there is a new wave of graffiti artists reclaiming the lost art of knitting.  Over the years it has become a global phenomenon, with yarn bombers taking their brightly colored fuzzy work to Europe, Asia, and beyond.  WFAA did just a great job showcasing this phenomena last Spring - their video cracks me up everytime I see it.
My mom is a knitter, and I'm trying to convince her to become the next yarn bomber (not to be confused with the unabomber!).  I want a hat for my car.  Mom, are you paying attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment