I am a blessed woman. Truly. I have so many wonderful things to be thankful for each and every day. I am thrilled to be spending the day with my family, eating, laughing, having fun and maybe a little arts & crafts thrown in for the kiddos. I hope you have a fantastic, relaxing day with your loved ones!
Top 10 Things I Am Thankful For Today:
- My super-fab husband who will get out of bed early and cook the entire family a wonderful Thanksgiving meal - including homemade apple pie. Just like he does every single Thanksgiving. While I lounge around until the very last minute watching the parade in my PJ's. Did I snag a good one, or WHAT?!?
- Oh, how I love all three of my boys who are very, very different from each other. They each have their own unique gifts - but they have all been blessed with curiosity and intelligence. Don't know what I would do without 'em!
- Alice, Soozy, Toby and my dear ol' Jack. Our pets are our family, with just a little more hair. They bring such joy to the kids (and me too!).
- I am so thankful to be an American. I try to impart of my kids how lucky we all are to be born in the USA (to quote Springsteen). We could have just as easily been born in Rwanda, or Afghanistan or Russia, and not enjoyed the wonderful freedom and opportunities that we take for granted here. We would be living a much different life had we been born anyplace else. I love my country and am thankful for all the men & women who fight for our freedom.
- I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I know how lucky I am that I get to do this every single day. I also realize how much more pressure it puts on my husband, the sole breadwinner. It's not easy, we could use more money, but this is where I belong right now, and I am really trying to soak it all up and relish it while I can!
- I am thankful to have a close-knit family. Not everyone can say that. We really do enjoy each other. We get along, respect each other and have a lot of fun whenever we're together. Yes, it's loud. Yes, it's hard to get a word in edge-wise. Yes, it's mostly my boys makin' the noise! I love that my kids have cousins they can grow up with (just like I did), and they have the best Grandparents on Earth.
- We have a wonderful house and neighbors we've known for years. Miss Ginny, who lives across the street, is like an adopted Grandma to my boys. She is such a blessing, and yes - she will be here celebrating Thanksgiving with us (and Christmas too!). We love her!
- I am thankful that I can walk into any grocery store and buy whatever I need. If my kids get sick, I can take 'em to the doctor and get 'em the help they need. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in this world who can't do that.
- I love our local library! I cannot tell you how many hours of enjoyment and entertainment the library has provided our family with - we go every few weeks to check out books, DVDs and audio books. All for free. They also have lots of fun events like concerts, reading to dogs, arts & crafts - we are blessed that our community has such a wonderful, well-funded library. And we take full advantage!
- I am thankful that my husband and I try to live within our means. To be honest, it's mostly him - not me! I had lots of student loan and credit card debt when we first met. All that's been paid off. We are well on our way to paying off our mortgage, we own our cars, and have very little debt. I work hard to squeeze every little bit out of our household budget, and stretch it just as far as I can. Tim is very prudent about watching our finances, thankfully, as I am so glad that we don't have a mountain of debt. I know friends who do, and I cannot imagine the stress that must add. Don't get the wrong idea - we are not well-off, we just make good use of what we have!
Here's to a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Have a slice of pie for me! :)