Thursday, April 19, 2012

Outdoor Chalkboard

081310-outdoor-chalkboard-1_rect540
We have been busy whipping our back yard into shape again.  In Texas, there is a little window of opportunity between when it's too chilly outside to play and when it's so doggone HOT outside that you can barely breathe.  During this "window" I try to get the boys outside as much as possible.  We've unfortunately lost a whole bunch of shrubs in the back, along the fence line, due to the horrible drought.  I was planning on (dreading) replacing them.  Now, I'm thinking I may do THIS instead.  Check out the awesome Outdoor Chalkboard featured on Apartment Therapy.  My kids would LOVE this!  I especially like the little bucket filled with chalk - too cute!  The grand total was about $100, so I'm thinking that's waaaay cheaper than replacing a full fence line of hedges!  And this may occupy the boys for about 10 minutes or so.  Hey, I'll take all the help I can get - summer is rapidly approaching and I am scrambling for ways to entertain them when they're home 24/7!  Go HERE for all the details on how you, too, can do this.  Be sure to read the comments section, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment