Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Happy 18th Birthday To My Sam

Eighteen years ago, I was in the hospital struggling to give birth to my first child who was already named Sam. We had spent the entire 9 months of pregnancy preparing.  We took classes, we read every book out there, we had the drawers and closet STUFFED fulled of clothes. His room was filled with books and toys. I'd stocked up on TONS of diapers and wipes.  We were completely and absolutely READY.  And then we hit a little bump in the road.  Sam, apparently, did not want to come out.  He wasn't quite as prepared for the real world as we were for him.  After a looooong day, and a few scares, he was finally TAKEN from his little cocoon by a HUGE set of salad tongs (AKA forceps)!  I don't recommend them.
Now, sixteens years later I sit at home baking a GINORMOUS cupcake cake, while we finalize his college plans.  COLLEGE...seriously, where does the time go!
I just had to give a shout out to my little Sam (yes, he'll always be little to me - even though he's currently 6'1" and 175 pounds).  He's become a fine young man, a talented musician, great student and we couldn't ask for a better son.  We're very proud of him!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Sam! Can't believe he is as tall as he is! I remember Sharon being totally in love with her grandson being born!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete