Did your kiddos get a PILE of candy trick-or-treating? Me too - plus I have TONS left over from our poor showing of kids in the neighborhood. So I'm on the prowl for ideas on what to do with all this stuff! We ALL love candy (trust me on that), but there's only so much you can eat! If you are in the same boat, you may want to head over the Parenting.com and read their SUPER FAB article on 25 Things To Do With Leftover Candy. Some of it you already know, but there are definitely some new ideas in there. Here's just a few to get you started:
- Turn it into a Science Experiment. Really! Go to the blog link and check it out - good stuff there!
- Use it for Holiday decor - you know you'll be making a Gingerbread House soon!
- Freeze it - then use it throughout the year to add to milkshakes, brownies, cakes, etc.
- DIY Trail Mix - LOVE this one!
- Make your own Advent Calendar. We'll be doing this one. Head HERE for full instructions!
Good Morning America did a nice story about this, and posted 9 Recipes for Leftover Halloween Candy HERE. I am diggin' the Candy Bar Baked Apples - YUM!