Friday, April 6, 2012

Can You Tell We're In Easter Mode?

Ahhhhh....we're on a long 4 day weekend.  Well, me and the boys are - poor Tim is working.  It's already been a busy morning.  Two dozen eggs have been hard boiled, awaiting coloring tonight.  No family game night for us - we're dying Easter Eggs!  We made a SECOND batch of Easter jello jigglers this morning (cuz Zach DEVOURED all the ones we made yesterday).  We are preparing for a big family get together on Sunday - lots of family, lots of kids, lots of food, lots of fun....you know the drill.  We're bringing Sweet Bird's Nests and Cheddar Bacon Ranch Bread (AKA Crack Bread!), and some miscellaneous items.  I've already made a trip to Target for the boxes of YooHoo and Peeps for the straws (like THIS).  
I was initially going to bring the makings for the DIY Succulent Wreath (since Calloway's has their succulents 50% off), but I haven't had the time to prepare all that.  So I'm putting that off til Mother's Day, which will be at my house.  That will be much easier - no transporting a bunch of stuff, and our craft will the the gift (how cool is that?!).
Anyhooooo.....I hope you have a great weekend making memories with the people who are special to you.  The scary tornado weather that passed right by us in Dallas a few days ago just served to me as a reminder to cherish the time you have, as you never know when everything can change.  We spent several hours glued to the TV, praying, and huddling in the bath tub (pets and all).
A.J. and I just took a peek at the garden and were THRILLED to see that the radishes, lettuce, carrots and sugar snap peas have already sprouted from seed!  The sunflowers are growing as well - I'm hoping that's a good sign.  Zach ate our first strawberry of the season yesterday - he "called it" weeks ago, what can I say - that's how we roll.  It's all good!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment