Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What Were You Doing 1 Year Ago?

I was sitting in my jammies on a lazy Sunday morning listening to the boys play video games, and hunting around on a little thing we called the "Internet."  Purely by coincidence I stumbled upon an ad for Google Blogger which said I could start my own blog for free.  I'd kinda been kickin' the idea around in my head for a while, so on a whim I clicked.  Then I clicked a few more times, and before you know it Brenda Writes A Blog was born.  I started with one reader (my MOM).  Hi Mom!  I can't believe it's already been a year.  I thought you might be interested in a few facts that just blow me away:
  • I've had over 108,000 page views (one day I got over 1,700 in a single day. Crazy, right?)
  • Although the vast majority of my readers are in the United States, I also have readers in Russia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, Malaysia, United Kingdom, Sweden, India, Slovenia, and France. (wow)
Over 6,000 posts later, I'm still going strong.  There have been some hiccups along the way, some lessons learned (the hard way), some friends made.  I'm not sure if I'm doing this for you, or me. I finally got my first check from the blog (not much, but hey - it's a start!).  I have gotten a few referral credits from those of you who bought deals thru my links (THANK YOU!).  I'll keep pluggin' away.  Know this:  I LOVE hearing from you.  If you like something about the blog, or if I saved you some money, I'd love to hear about it.  If you have some suggestions for how I can improve the blog, or ideas on what you'd like to see more of - I want to hear those too.  If you are unsure how to leave a comment, you can always email me at brendalpark@gmail.com.  There is also a post HERE for an easy way to follow the blog.  In the upcoming months, I hope to make some more changes.  Do additional giveaways, maybe get a sponsor or two.  Right now it's all just being sketched out in my head.  But as things happen, I will certainly let you know.  Happy Blogaversary to me!  And THANK YOU for reading my ramblings. I appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment