Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Praying For Oklahoma

What a terrible, terrible day yesterday.  You know what I'm talking about.  You've seen the news.  It is just devastation everywhere in Moore, Oklahoma.  I went to bed last night praying that this morning there would be uplifting video of someone (anyone) being pulled out.  And yes, apparently 101 people were pulled out of the rubble alive.  But indeed, there are lots who are still missing.  Many of them children who were merely attending school.  All I could think about while trying to go to sleep last night was how terrifying it must be for the parents who do not know where their children were.  It was dark, and as a parent all I can think about is how scared those poor children must have been.  And for those who survived, how that moment will never leave them.  No matter how long they live.  How terrifying just the word "tornado" must be now.  

I can tell you this....my kids got whatever they wanted yesterday.  Wanna play video games longer?  Have at it.  Big bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce before bed?  Sure.  They got extra hugs & kisses.  This morning I got up and turned on the news and saw that Texas has the possibility for some severe weather this afternoon.  Honestly, my first thought was to keep them home from school.  Irrational?  Yep.  I know.  And yes, they are all at school today.  While I blog and watch CNN.  I can only watch so much before it just becomes overwhelming.  I am praying for everyone affected, and especially for the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment