Sunday, May 26, 2013

20 Ways To Cook A Whole Chicken

Sara's Roast Chicken with Sage and Garlic
I cook roast chicken A LOT.  One reason is it's very cheap, the other is it's surprisingly easy.  I just season it up real good with italian seasoning, garlic salt, add a few pats of real butter on the top, and pour Wishbone Italian dressing all over it.  I add a little chicken broth in the bottom for it to cook in, and cook at 350 degrees for about 3 hours (depending on the size of your bird).  Baste frequently - it's really yummy (if I do say so myself).  I usually add some baby carrots, large chopped onion and cut-up potatoes to the bottom of the pan also, and bake them at the same time.  
The folks at www.saveur.com have published some great recipes for 20 Ways To Cook A Whole Chicken.  Some of them look really tasty, so you might want to check them out.  Be wary, though, as I'm pretty sure the picture of The Captain's Chicken is gonna give me nightmares for some time!  :D
The Captain's Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment