Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Did Ya Miss Me? :)

I'm back from the dead, ya'll!  :)  After 6 days in bed day & night I am finally walking among the living again, and SO thankfully to be back on the mend.  Believe it or not, I'm still not 100%, but am sick of being sick - so I'm movin' on!
You know all those news reports you've been seeing about how bad this year's flu is going to be?  Well, BELIEVE 'EM.  I was absolutely miserable, and have a new-found appreciation for my boys and my husband who took PHENOMENAL care of me.  Seriously.  I don't know how I would have made it thru without them.
Here's me on my soap box:  If you have NOT had the flu shot yet - GO. GET. IT. NOW.  Really.  Do it.  You DO NOT want to get this freakin' flu.  It's terrible.  I thought I was gonna die.  If your kids have not gotten the flu shot - take them ASAP.  I hope & pray my poor little nurse maids do not catch my germs, because this flu is a BEAST.

Here are a few things I am completely thankful for:
  • Tamiflu!  
  • My doctor, who believed me when I said I couldn't get out of bed much less make it in to his office for an appointment.  He was kind enough to call in a prescription.  Hallelujah!
  • My son Sam, who is old enough to pick up said prescription for me, thanks to his fairly new driver's license.  (Never thought I'd be so glad he's able to drive!)
  • Immodium AD.  Enough said.
  • My amazing husband Tim who kept the household running, waited on me hand & foot, and even missed work to take care of me.  Awwww....what a guy!  Seriously, I did SO good when I married him!   (Don't tell him I said that, 'cuz I like HIM to think he's the one who traded up!)  :)
  • My little bitty Zacky B - who asked me on more than one occasion "Mommy, is there ANYTHING - anything at all in the world I can do to make you feel better?"
  • My AJ who made me soup and kept his little brother on the up & up while Mommy was down for the count.  He took his job VERY seriously, and took fabulous care of me while Tim was at work.
While laying in bed for hours & hours & hours, I had lots of time to think.  I thought about how I really could see how people die of this every year.  You start to feel so bad you can't even stand the thought of getting up to take your next dose of medicine, or refilling your water/Gatorade so you stay hydrated.  If you know of someone single in your neighborhood (I'm specifically thinking of our little Miss Ginny across the street)....check up on them & make sure they are OK.  Let them know that if they ever get sick, to call you and you can help out by picking up their medicine or groceries.
More than anything I thought about how thankful I am for my three boys and Tim.  And our dogs & cats who laid on the bed with me and kept me company.  They didn't care one lick about my germs!
I DID miss you too, readers!  I missed blogging, and am anxious to bring Brenda Writes A Blog to even more success in 2013!  Let's do it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment