Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Apple Cars

The Park boys come home from school FAMISHED.  Ridiculously, over-the-top HUNGRY.  As in, they're not even to the car before they're asking "did you bring anything to eat?"  As though they can't TAKE the 60 second ride home from school.  So I'm always on the quest for fun little snackies that I can serve them when they get home and MUST. EAT. RIGHT. NOW.  I try to fix little plates up & have them waiting for them on the kitchen table.  They come home.  Fling backpacks off.  Toss shoes to the ground.  Greet the cats.  Then the dogs.  And then...."where's the food."  I like this idea from Bent On Better Lunches.  They will think these little cars are so fun -they are right in keeping with the race car themr from our Pinewood Derby weekend. These are very simple - apple slices, halved grapes, and some toothpicks holding it all together.  I'm actually wondering myself whether the wheels will roll.  I'll have to give this a try this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment